As a way to keep focused on my "one finished combat unit per week" goal for 2012, I'm going to try to update my painting progress a couple times per month. Since the first of the year, I've finished:
- Khurasan Space Demons - a pack of Warriors, a pack of Nymphs, and a Colossus.
- Laserburn Scouts - two Bikes and eight Scout figures
- Assorted Ravenstar Land-Core goodies - a Thunderfoot and a Silverback mecha (painted for the review article on Dropship Horizon), a Coyote jeep, and a Stalker walker tank. Here's a teaser pic of the mecha:
Not a bad start to the year - I'm ahead of my goal. But I did have some time off work around the holidays, so a head start isn't going to hurt anything. Looking ahead... my Christmas order from Ground Zero Games arrived on Friday. Here's what's on the table from that shipment:
- A pack of Hammer's Slammers infantry. I'm going to ignore the buzzbomb-launcher figure for now and focus on the other sculpts. I intend to use these as bailed-out vehicle crews for my Aurora Group corporate security forces.
- Two packs of Islamic Federation infantry. My plan is to use these as the core of a new army - one based upon my Shadow Worlder Blasters & Bulkheads skirmish force. The skirmish unit (made of Laserburn Redemptionists) will be the elite inner circle of Shadow World armies - these Islamic Federation troopers will be the rank and file. I'll use Ravenstar Studios' quad-walkers as the vehicles in this new army.
- A pack of Armored Crusties. For my Crusties, obviously. :)
- Four packs of New Israeli infantry. No fancy plans here - I'm just going to turn them into red Spartans to rival for my green Rebel Droptroopers.
I'll splash in a few terrain projects along the way, just to keep things interesting. And the odd civilian and mercenary figure to flesh out my small skirmish games.