This week has been all about finishing old projects. First I completed that old Hot Wheels Sentry Tank conversion, and now I've finally finished painting my Enemies Of Man retinue for In the Emperor's Name.
I've been using these minis for months, ever since playtesting of ItEN began at the Forge of War development group. But, unlike the rest of my collection, I had been using these unpainted. Now that Blasters & Bulkheads is out, I decided it was time to finish them and use them the right way.
These minis are, of course, old Laserburn Redemptionists from 15mm.Co.Uk. I think these sculpts have really stood the test of time - they have a great Space Opera feel to them. And to all you 28mm gamers who think 15mm doesn't work for small skirmish - get back to me when your entire force costs £2.60 and can be painted in one evening. :)
I'll admit the paint job isn't one of my best - all seven minis were finished in one setting. But this isn't one of my primary gaming forces, so I was willing to sacrifice a precision to get them onto the table. I used white Armory primer, Coat D'Arms Lupin Gray (long ago known as Citadel Space Wolves Gray) for the carapace armor, P3 Beaten Purple (looks lighter in person than in the photo) on the power armor and cloaks, Vallejo gold for detail work, and Vallejo heavy grey (actually a green-gray) for the weapons. Then I gave the each mini a coat of Wonder Wash Black for some quick shading, finished the bases with my urban/asphalt blend, and called it a night.
Here are the cards I've been using for ItEN (updated with the new photos). I've tried everything from large roster sheets to tablet-screen reference pages now, and I've found that individual "playing cards" are what works best for me.